As we look ahead to the beginning of the 2016 – 2017 school year, there are a few changes in the works:
- The start of school is later, on Tuesday, August 16th.
- The first day of school, August 16th, is made up of orientation sessions for all students and their families, both new and returning.
- We continue to provide opportunities for community building at the start of the school year, with Middle School Camp (September 1st and 2nd) and Upper School Community Building Daze (September 22nd and 23rd).
- Next year’s calendar has time built in for families to enjoy special shapes balloons at Balloon Fiesta, with a day away from classes on October 7th.
- Student-led conferences between families and teachers will occur on November 3rd and 4th. Students will not attend classes those days.
- Fall Break during the 2016 – 2017 school year will be a week long, allowing families and boarding students more flexibility with travel arrangements.
- Christmas Break begins on Thursday, December 22nd (for students without make-up exams), a later start than in previous years. The vacation extends through Sunday, January 8th, maintaining a full two-week break in the winter.
- Upper School Mission Week follows Holy Week in the 2016 – 2017 calendar.