Menaul School is seeking an organized, motivated Assistant to support the school’s Admission efforts. Key areas of responsibility include clerical support, relationship management with prospective and new families, and database management. The Admission Assistant is the first point of contact for families and should maintain a consistently friendly and approachable demeanor. As a team member in a busy office, the ability to coordinate with, support, and grow as part of a team, is essential.
Individuals eager to both learn and contribute, with an interest in education at a community and international level, are encouraged to apply.
The Admission Assistant will report directly to the Director of Admission and Financial Aid, and work closely with International Admission Director.
First Point of Contact
- The first point of contact for all prospective families; respond to email and phone inquiries; provide quality information regarding Menaul School and the application process for Admission and for Financial Aid
- Schedule meetings, tours, and interviews with prospective families; maintain RSVPs for Admission events
- Learn about the school and provide up-to-date answers to frequently asked questions
- lead campus tours independently
- Participate in recruitment efforts, such as staffing an information table at a fair, occasionally, as assigned by the Director of Admission
- Maintain regular contact with prospective families, including follow up emails and phone calls.
- Create content for Admission newsletter (approximately 1x/month), and any notifications to new and returning families
- Work effectively with parent volunteers/volunteers for recruitment purposes, as needed for events and marketing
Clerical Support and Database Management
- Perform all data entry and management using the Admission software, including entry of new inquiries, tracking of application documents, and running reports
- Serve as data liaison between the Admission Office and the Business Office
- Ensure that all application files are complete before submitting the files for committee review
- Maintain inventory of Admission materials; update materials as needed and as advised by the Director of Admission
Marketing and Social Media Support
- Make sure all Enrollment and Admission related information on the website is kept up-to-date and submit change forms as needed
- Provide feedback about advertising and marketing materials, as requested by the Director of Admission
- Gather and post content on the school’s social media platforms.
- Act as the main organizer for Admission Events (Open House, spring yield event), with guidance and support from the Director of Admission
- Provide logistical support (mailings, materials prep, etc.) as needed, for international recruitment events attended by the International Admission Director.
General Office Responsibilities
- Answer calls and walk-ins
- Maintain the tidiness of the general Admission Office
- Identify ways to improve workflow in the office by making recommendations for Admission related processes, as well as identifying proven ways to streamline workflow, organize the office, etc.
- Regularly inventory office supplies and submit order forms for supplies as needed
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, Publisher
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organization and time management
- Interpersonal and intercultural communication
- Social media marketing experience a plus
- Interest in working with international students and families
Full-time, which includes occasional evening and weekend hours
How to Apply Please email cover letter and resume with salary expectations to: email@example.com