Menaul School is seeking an organized, motivated Assistant to support the school’s Admission efforts. Key areas of responsibility include: clerical support, relationship management with prospective and new families, and database management. The Admission Assistant is the first point of contact for families, and should maintain a consistently friendly and approachable demeanor.
The Admission Assistant will report directly to the Director of Admission and Financial Aid, and work closely with International Admission Director.
About Menaul School
In mind, body and spirit, our mission is to prepare students to succeed. Menaul School provides an exceptional college preparatory education to a diverse community, grades 6 through 12. For more information about Menaul School, please go to www.menaulschool.org.
First Point of Contact
- First point of contact for all prospective families; provide quality information regarding Menaul School and the application process for Admission and for Financial Aid
- Schedule meetings, tours, and interviews with prospective families; maintain RSVP’s for Admission events
- Learn about the school and provide up-to-date answers to frequently asked questions
- Be able to lead a campus tour, after three months
- Participate in recruitment efforts such as staffing an information table at a fair, occasionally, as assigned by the Director of Admission
- Maintain regular contact with prospective families
- Create content for Admission newsletter and send to prospective families via Mail Chimp (approximately 1x/month)
- Work effectively with parent volunteers/volunteers for recruitment purposes
Clerical Support and Database Management
- Perform all data entry into the Admission database, including entry of new inquiries, tracking of application documents, etc.
- Become trained in Renweb software as directed, including report functions
- Serve as data liaison between the Admisson Office and the Business Office
- Ensure that all files are complete before submitting the files for committee review
- Maintain inventory of Admission materials; update materials as needed and as advised by the Director of Admission
- Make sure all Enrollment and Admission related information on the website is kept up-to-date and submit change forms as needed
- Provide feedback about advertising and marketing materials, as requested by the Director of Admission
- Act as the main organizer for Admission Events (Open House, spring event for new families), with guidance from the Director of Admission
General Office Responsibilities
- Maintain the tidiness of the general Admission Office
- Identify ways to improve work flow in the office by making recommendations for Admission related processes, as well as identifying proven ways to streamline work flow, organize the office, etc.
- Regularly inventory office supplies and submit order forms for supplies as needed
- Other responsibilities as requested by direct supervisor (Director of Admission)
- Experience in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Publisher
- Able to communicate effectively and possess strong writing skills
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Independent worker, able to take initiative and multi-task
- Marketing experience a plus
Full-time, which includes occasional evening and weekend hours
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume with salary expectations to: