Upper School English
Annie Syed has been a passionate educator for almost a decade. For the last two years, Annie taught at 21st Century Public Academy here in Albuquerque. She offers her students the kind of education one receives from a teacher who has a vast depth of knowledge about literature.
Last summer Annie had the opportunity to study at Oxford due to a generous grant from the prestigious Middlebury College’s Bread Loaf School of English. This summer she will be in Vermont at their home campus, reading more literature and writing about it, and likely getting a few essays published.
Prior to relocating here Ms. Syed was a founding instructor at Grimmway Academy in Arvin, CA and a literacy coach at Paramount Bard Academy in Delano, California.
- Writer’s Workshop Model
- Grant Wiggin’s Understanding by Design Framework
- Collaborating with school staff to co-create professional study groups
Ms. Syed received a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Kansas, a Master of Arts in Secondary English Education from City College of CUNY in New York, New York, and her Juris Doctorate from City University of New York (CUNY) School of Law.
Professional Certifications, Endorsements, and Awards
- Presented “Write to Think” at CATE Conference (San Jose, 2015)
- Collection of Auguries (Fiction, 2013, McNally Jackson)
- Mediation for Conflict Resolution Certification
- Many public interest law honors and awards