DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
Menaul School is seeking a creative and energetic individual to manage and coordinate the advancement activities in all areas: fundraising, donor cultivation, strategic partner development, online content, and special events. The Director of Advancement should have development experience in these areas, exceptional relationship management skills, and possess energy and enthusiasm. The Director of Advancement will work closely with the Head of School and the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees, as well as oversee the Office of Institutional Advancement staff and volunteers. The position offers opportunities for professional growth and to contribute meaningfully to the work and mission of Menaul School.
ABOUT MENAUL SCHOOL
In Mind, Body and Spirit, our mission is to prepare students to succeed. Menaul School provides an exceptional college preparatory education to a diverse and inclusive communities. Nearly 100% of Menaul School graduates are attending colleges and universities throughout the United States and abroad with 47% (on average) being the first in their families to do so.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Business, Non-Profit Management, Marketing or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in development, fundraising strategies, grant seeking, donor cultivation, and event planning.
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results and proficiency in MS Word and Excel; knowledge of donor databases preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small and large group presentations.
- Effectively articulate and live out Menaul School’s mission.
Donor Cultivation – oversee and coordinate the work of the Relationship Associate to:
- Maintain personal, individualized relationships with all current and potential donors.
- Coordinate individual donor solicitations including end of year appeal mailing, major donor campaigns, and other events.
- Direct the planning and execution of all Advancement events especially those relating to donor cultivation. Those events include, but are not limited to: a spring gala event, Homecoming, Grandparent day, and Golden Graduation.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to support development events and activities.
- Coordinate the work of the five year 13 million dollar “Pull Together” capital campaign.
- Supervise the Major Gift Associate’s work in building relationships, monitoring progress, and developing new opportunities.
Communication – oversee and coordinate the work of the Communication / Alumni Associate to:
- Maintain data base and donor records as well as all communications with donors; e.g. thank you letters, end of year statements, etc.
- Connect build relationships with our alums.
- Maintain and keep current Menaul’s website, Facebook page, Twitter Account, etc.
- Create, publish and edit all donor mailings, reports, alumni communications, etc.
Grants & Foundations
- Maintain relationship with current funding sources – foundations, businesses, churches – by producing timely, accurate grant reports; updating funding sources on major events; and resubmitting funding requests annually as appropriate.
- Seek new funding sources through research and appropriate initial contacts such as Letters of Inquiry.
- Prepare regular reports on development progress toward established goals.
- Keep communications with the Institutional Advancement Committee chair and members open and current.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Administrative Team setting direction for the school.
- Effectively manage a staff of three to achieve strategic goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head of School.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time Administrative Employee; Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time work schedule, which includes occasional evening and weekend hours
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
EOE. Qualified applicants should submit electronic letter of interest, resume, and three references to: Assistant to Head of School Nicole Soriano, firstname.lastname@example.org