International High School Faculty Position:
STEM Teacher and Research Project Coordinator
Do you have a love for teaching and learning, but experience frustration with unmotivated students here in the USA? Have you desired to experience life in another culture but haven’t had the time, finances, or opportunity? Do you have the desire to play an instrumental role in the development of a cutting edge international program?
If your answer is yes to these questions, then we would like you to consider applying to work at our International School in the bustling seaside port of Qingdao, China.
We are looking for an experienced, professional, caring and culturally sensitive educator to serve as our Research and Development Program Coordinator for the 2017-2018 school year.
In 2013, Menaul School established a unique private school partnership with SIFU International Education to create Dual Diploma International programs at prestigious high schools in China. That same year, a program was started in Taiyuan, China. In 2017 another campus was opened in Qingdao, China. The aim of the program is to bring together the best of the teaching models from both countries- the Chinese teaching model that excels in teaching quantitative skills, with the Menaul School model which encourages critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving- in order to nurture the student leaders of the future.
Job Title: Full-time STEM Teacher and Research Project Coordinator
Job Location: Menaul School Qingdao (Qingdao, Shandong, China)
Target Population: Grades 9-12
School Type: Private International School with American Curriculum
Starting Date: January 2018
1. 18,000-25,000 RMB ($2700-$3770) monthly salary after tax depending on experience and qualification
2. Monthly housing allowance (2000 RMB/month)
3. Work visa expense provided
4. Standard medical and accident insurance
5. Annual Roundtrip airfare stipend (10,000 RMB/$1500)
6. Entitled to Chinese national holidays, including school winter and summer holidays
- Master’s Degree or above in Information Science and Technology, or other related science fields (Bachelor’s degree may be considered)
- Minimum of 2 years full-time teaching experience for STEM courses such as Robotics, Computer Science, Programming, Engineering, Information Technology, etc.
- Familiarity with STEM Science fairs and/or research project design and implementation, especially related to computer programming, general engineering and technology
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
- High ethical standards and integrity, flexible, works well with others
- International School or cross-cultural teaching experience, especially with experience of teaching ELL’s (English Language Learners) preferred.
- Holds internationally recognized certificate or license.
- Skillful at student management, cooperative, honest and flexible.
- Native English speaker
Submit Cover Letter, Current Resume/VITA, School Transcripts to: Jonathan Winn (email@example.com)