The ISPC helps set the vision and provides leadership to manage and grow our overseas partner schools.
This person reports directly to the Head of School and serves on the Menaul School Board of Trustees International Committee.
- Develop and provide oversight for Middle and High School Curriculum for International Schools in China (Currently: Taiyuan, Qingdao, Chengdu*2020)
- Perform final interview and make hiring recommendations for all foreign teacher applicants
- Provide vision, planning, and instruction for professional development of partner school faculty.
- Plan, implement, and deliver professional development/teacher training for foreign and national staff (in collaboration with local administration)
- Bi-weekly online conferencing with Academic Principals to provide academic and program guidance
- Assist with recruitment and marketing for new partnerships
- Stay current with market and educational research
- Mentor and assess principal and foreign teachers’ job performance
- Oversee and provide guidance for accreditation process
- Troubleshoot administrative, academic, and other issues
- Willingness to travel 2-4 weeks per year
- Ability to manage curriculum
- Teaching Expertise
- School program management experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Overseas school experience and fluency in a foreign language are a plus – Chinese preferred
- Support and possibly direct our summer Experimental English (SEED) program
Other duties such as teaching/coaching will be part of the ISPC role until the program’s needs require it to become a full-time position
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of three references to: Lindsey Gilbert, Head of School, Menaul School, 301 Menaul Blvd. N.E., Albuquerque, N.M. 87107, or send via e-mail to NSoriano@menaulschool.org. EOE.