New and returning Menaul School students began classes for the 2017-2018 school year on August 16th! It is always a joy to see the smiling faces as our students return to campus for another year!
Welcome to New Faculty, Staff, and Board Members
We would like to extend a warm welcome to the following new additions to our faculty and staff:
Emily Dawson – Middle School Social Studies and English Teacher
Rusty Briel – Instrumental Music Teacher
Annie Syed – Upper School English Teacher
Christian Horning – Middle School English Teacher
Mary Salinas – Spanish Teacher
Kelsey Anderson – Head Volleyball Coach
Stephanie Hearn – Assistant Varsity Volleyball Coach
Congratulations to Jim Doyle, who will be taking over as Middle School Dean, along with continuing his current position as 7th Grade Science Teacher, Middle School Athletic Director, and Varsity Track Coach!
A fond farewell to the following faculty, who have left to pursue other opportunities:
Trish Gronewald ‘78
Ariel Baca ‘09
We would also like to welcome the following individuals joining our Board of Trustees:
Donna Garcia, CPA
David Wiegand ‘92
To learn more about the newest members of our Faculty, Staff, and Board of Trustees, please visit our website.
IndigeNOW and Menaul School present Indigenahora!, a family-friendly celebration of Indigenous cultures as interpreted by contemporary hip-hop artists. Performers are Luanko (Mapuche, Chile), N8V ACE (Dine'[Navajo], New Mexico), and local Albuquerque youth band Sonyk Vortex. Proceeds will benefit Menaul School’s Scholarship Program. Join us Saturday, September 23rd at Menaul School, 301 Menaul Blvd. NE. Gates open at 6:00 PM, concert begins at 7:00 PM.
On August 16th, we kicked off the new school year. As always, we have a full year of events lined up!
- Come enjoy an evening of family-friendly hip-hop at IndigenAHORA!, featuring Luanko, N8V ACE, and Sonyk Vortex. It is right here on campus on Saturday, September 23rd. Gates open for refreshments at 6:00pm. Concert starts in the auditorium at 7:00pm.
- Join us, along with our Alumni, for a Homecoming pep rally and bonfire on Friday, October 20th at 7:00pm. Then come watch the Panthers take on the Alamo Navajo Cougars at the Homecoming football game on Saturday, October 21st at 1:00pm. We will be celebrating our decade classes of 1937, 1947, 1957, 1967, 1977, 1987, 1997, and 2007.
- Our Grand Panthers join our students on campus on Friday, November 17th for a special Thanksgiving lunch. Grandparents, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at (505) 341-7233 to make sure we have your information on file.
- Be a part of the festivities at Festival of Light, Thursday, December 14th at 6:00pm.
- Our 3rd Annual Passport to World Class Education Gala is on Friday, March 16th.
- And don’t forget Graduation on Saturday, May 26th!
For more information, including schedules for Sports and Fine Arts, please see the events calendar on our website.
Menaul School’s cafeteria is getting a long-awaited face-lift, and we couldn’t be more thrilled! Along with the renovation, the cafeteria will have a new name, the Collie Refectory, in honor of a generous donation from the Collie family.
With this renovation, Menaul School is offering you a great opportunity to get involved on the ground floor while offsetting some of the costs. It is a great way to memorialize a loved one or to show how much you, or your family, care about Menaul School. You can participate by doing the following:
- $150 donation – your name will be displayed on a plaque on a chair
- $1,500 donation – your name will be displayed on a plaque on a table
- $2,000 donation – your name will be prominently displayed on a plate on a donor wall in the cafeteria
Here is the form along with more information.