(SUMMER EXPERIENTIAL ENGLISH DEVELOPMENT)
JULY 19th-AUGUST 12th 2017
ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO, USA
WHAT is S.E.E.D.?
S.E.E.D. (Summer Experiential English Development) is a highly interactive, English language and American culture immersion program for International students who have a strong desire to be challenged intellectually and personally. Program participants will be fully engaged in the English language from morning to evening, as they as they work with their American language partners. Learning experiences range from the classroom to team-building activities to outdoor adventures to interacting and observing life in an American home! This program aims to reflect the mission of Menaul School – helping students succeed in body, mind, and spirit.
WHY Should I Attend S.E.E.D.?
Authentic English Immersion!
- Each student has a native English speaking language partner!
- Students live with an American host family!
- Hands-on, experiential learning situations to use English- inside and outside the classroom!
- Interactive and cooperative learning in classrooms
- Team-building and outdoor activities to promote social interaction and character building
- Excursions to the finest outdoor experiences in New Mexico including horseback riding,
- white water rafting, swimming, biking, exploring Native American pueblos, and more!
- Opportunities to develop leadership and cross-cultural communication skills
- All students take Pre-and Post-Assessments in English to demonstrate growth!*
- Students will develop a portfolio presentation of achievements!
- Students will receive a Certificate of Completion
*Test Results from Previous Years show significant student growth in all 4 language skills: Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening
S.E.E.D. Comparison with other programs
|Typical Summer Programs||S.E.E.D.|
- Dates: July 19-August 12, 2017* (please note specifics about air travel in FAQ section)
- Location: Menaul School Campus, Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Cost: $4,300
$300 discount for applications before May 1/Other discounts available for groups and accompanying teachers
(Airfare to and from Albuquerque is not included)
- Enrollment is limited
- Be between the ages of 14-18
- Complete an application
- Possess low-upper intermediate English skills (minimum 2 years of English study)
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to life as a member of an American host family
- Have a sincere interest in improving their English skills and learning about American culture
- Display a genuine desire to grow in mind, body, and spirit
- Sign and abide by the S.E.E.D. Handbook Rules and Guidelines
Contact Jonathan Winn by email.