I graduated from Menaul School in 1973 and received a BA and MA from NMHU. It gives me great pleasure to complete my coaching circle at Menaul School as you Middle School Basketball Coach.
My wife, Dolores Delgado Sanchez ’73, is a retired teacher. We are Menaul Highschool sweethearts – married for 48 years.
As far as my experience, I have been a teacher and administrator for 34 years in New Mexico.
- Coached Middle School, High School, and AAU Basketball for 44 years
- Was the Head Football Coach and Assistant Basketball Coach at Cuba High School
- Assistant Football Coach at Balley High School,
- Head Football Coach at Rio Grande High School
- Assistant Basketball Coach at Sandia High School
- Assistant Basketball Coach a La Cueva High School
- And recently coached middle school at Academy
My lifelong dream was to return to Menaul and coach and give back in return for everything it gave me. Menaul was my second home and family. As a boarding student, Menaul’s administration and staff were a major influence in my life. The Menaul experience is unique and one that will stay in my heart forever.Coach Sanchez
On my first day back at Menaul, I felt the presence of Coach Dave Tomlinson, Principal Gladys Brown, Superintendents Issar Martinez and Edmundo Vasquez, Teachers Gracey Sellers, Mr. Sandoval, Jerry Wesner, Harry Hogan, and it seemed that they were telling me, “Welcome Home!”.
I will be at upcoming Menaul events, so if any of you middle school students want to play some hoops, please come and introduce yourself. “PANTHER PRIDE!”