Thank you for your interest in employment at Menaul School, an independent, co-educational, college preparatory school. We enroll approximately 205 local and international students in grades 6-12. Menaul School is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest.
Menaul School is always interested in excellent teachers. We look for educators who will inspire and support our students and be active participants in our innovative learning community. Ideal candidates are dynamic and committed to our diverse student body.
Menaul School employs administrators, administrative support, technical, maintenance, advancement, admission, and business office staff for full and part-time positions. Positions are posted as they become available.
Upper School Spanish Teacher
Menaul School, an independent, coeducational school for students in grades 6 – 12 with a mission to develop the minds, bodies, and spirits of its students, is seeking an energetic, creative, and technologically savvy Spanish Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution. A Master’s degree and teaching experience are a plus. Candidates must demonstrate literary and fluency of the Spanish language. This assignment will include the instruction of Spanish Level’s I – IV high school classes.
Requirements for the position include:
- Proficiency in teaching Spanish at all levels
- Experience with and a facility in digital technology
- A dedication to cultivating the minds of adolescents
- The willingness and ability to work successfully with a wide range of students
- The willingness and ability to work with other school staff as a team
Preferred characteristics include:
- Interest and experience in curriculum design
- Specific facility and experience with the iPad
- Experience teaching in an independent school
- Serve as a strong role model for young men and women
- Collaborate with instructors in other academic and elective areas to connect subject areas
- Evaluate and grade students’ classwork, presentations, projects, assignments, and papers, reporting grades and written feedback using our campus Learning Management System (LMS).
- Act as adviser to student organization(s).
Features of the position include small class sizes (12 to 16), individualized instruction, broad teacher autonomy, and frequent dialogue with extremely supportive families.
Please send a letter of intent, a resume, and a list of three references by May 31, 2020 to:
Troy Williamson, Upper School Director
301 Menaul Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Submit materials electronically to email@example.com
Menaul School in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is seeking an experienced Middle School Director who will oversee a progressive, committed group of Middle School teachers who shape our students to succeed in mind, body, and spirit. The general nature of this future middle school will be based on a holistic, values-oriented, project-based, and student-centered foundation, including expanded health, physical education, and arts components.
During the 2014-2015 academic year, a dedicated group of teachers has acted as a Middle School Transition Team and has developed some structural features and philosophical principles of this new middle school. The last Middle School Director implemented these best practices to create a highly effective middle school.
• The energy and creativity to assist the current administration in making this dream a reality
• Energy and creativity
• A master’s degree or higher
• Three years’ experience as a middle school administrator
• Experience in working in a creative middle school like the one outlined above
• The ability to teach two sections of a middle school class
• Experience supporting innovative, 21st century education initiatives
• Experience establishing a non-traditional daily schedule, structuring multi-disciplinary courses, and assisting faculty members in planning project-based learning.
Menaul School is a 6-12 independent, co-educational school in Albuquerque, New Mexico, whose mission is to prepare students to succeed in mind, body and spirit with historical connections to the Presbyterian Church. Menaul School operates an upper school and a middle school on a fully functional 30-acre campus that includes classroom buildings, an auditorium, arts facilities, and gymnasiums. In addition, the school employs a dedicated and talented middle school teaching staff and next year will be in the second year of an innovative iPad program.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of three references to: Nicole Soriano, Assistant to the Head of School to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Menaul School, an independent day and boarding school for grades 6-12 with a rich Presbyterian heritage, is seeking a highly qualified candidate to join its Upper School English faculty for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in English or English Education and a dedication to cultivating the minds, bodies, and spirits of adolescents. Also required is the desire to teach comprehensive and sequenced English courses at all levels of the upper school. (Please see our curriculum guide at https://www.menaulschool.org/academics/upper-school/curriculum/ for course descriptions).
A master’s degree and teaching experience are distinctly preferred, as is a willingness to mentor and advise students, and sponsor student activities and/or coach.
Additional expectations of the job include an eagerness to work with other faculty members in collaborative efforts, the willingness to learn and frequently use the school’s digital software program and resources, the wherewithal to reach a variety of adolescent minds, and the willingness to become part of a community.
Features of the position include small class sizes (10 to 16), individualized instruction, broad teacher autonomy, and a school culture that encourages innovation.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, a resume, and a list of three references to: Troy Williamson, Upper School Director, Menaul School, 301 Menaul Blvd. N.E., Albuquerque, N.M. 87107, or send via e-mail to email@example.com. EOE.
Applications will be considered through 30 June 2020.