Menaul School has a long history of welcoming international students from around the world. Currently approximately 40% of our upper school student body is made up of international students ranging from 20-30 countries.
We welcome students to their home away from home, with many opportunities early in the school year for students to make new friends and get to know their teachers.
International students are encouraged to make friendships with non-boarding students as well. Our dorm students visit with local families on the weekends or spend short-term breaks/holidays with them.
Thus, International Boarding students gain a wide variety of experiences in the USA, while living under the beautiful blue skies of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Whether hiking, skiing, camping, or sledding in the Rocky Mountains, or going to see the latest blockbuster move together, Menaul School Boarding students make unforgettable memories.
- College Preparatory Academic Program
- Classes start Mid-August and end late May
- Menaul is SEVP Certified for F1 Visas
- International Students have the option to board on campus, or stay off campus with a pre-arranged host family/relative if they have one pre-arranged (not organized by the school)
- Students also have the option to start mid-year at the start of the Spring semester, in January
- International boarding students participate in approximately 40 off campus activities per school year
As a college preparatory school, our challenging Advanced Placement (AP) academic curriculum includes advanced science, math, and humanities courses. It also has a rich spectrum of visual and performing arts classes. In addition, we have a college counselor dedicated to guiding students through the college admission process, with 30 students to 1 counselor.
In the past three years, Menaul School students have gone on to universities and colleges such as Amherst College, UC Berkeley, Boston University, Brown University, University of Michigan, Penn State, and more.
New Mexico Pathway to In-State University Scholarship
It’s also important to note that students who graduate with a diploma from Menaul School are automatically eligible for free tuition at public universities in New Mexico. More information about this can be found on the New Mexico Department of Higher Education’s website.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSION STEPS
Admission to Menaul School is competitive. Students admitted must demonstrate an ability to succeed in a college preparatory environment and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our community.
- Complete the Online Application
- Teacher Recommendation Form (for 2 current teachers)
- Official transcripts for the current year plus 2 previous years
- English Proficiency Self-Assessment
- Optional: TOEFL, Jr., TOEFL iBT, or IELTS score
- Zoom interview
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial resources for tuition (or complete separate financial support application)
VISA and I-20 INFORMATION
Menaul School is SEVP certified to issue the paperwork students will need for their F-1 visas to international students. If an international student has been accepted, a letter of acceptance and enrollment contract will be sent. When the contract is signed and returned with the $2000 deposit, an I-20 will be issued and an appointment with the US Consulate can be scheduled.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TUITION AND FEES (2023-2024 School Year)
Total Tuition and Fees Boarding Student Day Student with Host Family
Boarding Student: $44,545 (includes tuition, room, board, meals, transportation, activities, health insurance)
Day Student: $24,723
INFORMATION FOR AGENTS
Menaul School welcomes agents to facilitate the application logistics for placing international students. Our primary goal is to ensure that students are well-matched to the school. Menaul School values good working relationships with our agents.
Laura HilleInternational Admission Directorlhille@menaulschool.org
Ms. Hille will help you find a time to discuss your interest in Menaul School.