Menaul School has a long-standing tradition of welcoming international students from around the world. Currently approximately 40% of our upper school student body is made up of international students from more than 16 countries.
- College Preparatory Academic Program
- Classes start Mid-August and end late May
- Menaul is SEVP Certified for F1 Visas
- International Students have the option to board on campus, or stay off campus with a pre-arranged host family
- Students also have the option to start mid-year at the start of the Spring semester, in January
- International boarding students participate in approximately 40 off campus activities per school year
As a college preparatory school, international students attend classes with local students who share their same academic goals for attending college. Our challenging academic curriculum includes not only advanced science, math, and humanities courses but also has a rich spectrum of visual and performing arts classes. In addition, we have a college counselor dedicated to guiding students through the college admission process. In the past three years, Menaul students have gone on to colleges such as Amherst College, UC Berkeley, University of Michigan, Penn State, and more. In the Class of 2019, all of our graduating international students went on to college or university.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSION STEPS
Admission to Menaul School is competitive. Students admitted must demonstrate an ability to succeed in a college preparatory environment and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our community.
- Complete the Online Application
- Teacher Recommendation Form (current English and Math teacher)
- Official transcripts for the current year plus 2 previous years
- English Proficiency Assessment
- If available, TOEFL, Jr., TOEFL iBT, or IELTS score
- Skype interview
- Documentation for VISA
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial resources
VISA and I-20 INFORMATION
Menaul School is SEVP certified to issue F-1 visas to international students. If an international student has been accepted, a letter of acceptance and enrollment contract will be sent. When the contract is signed and returned with the $2000 deposit, an I-20 will be issued and an appointment with the US Consulate can be scheduled.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TUITION AND FEES (2020-2021 School Year)
Total Tuition and Fees Boarding Student Day Student with Host Family
Boarding Student: $41,500 (includes tuition, room, board, meals, transportation, activities, health insurance)
Day Student: $23,260 (does not include host family stipend)
INFORMATION FOR AGENTS
Menaul School welcomes agents to facilitate the application logistics for placing international students. Our primary goal is to ensure that students are well-matched to the school. Menaul School values good working relationships with our agents. Please contact the International Admission Office for more information.