Menaul School’s World Smart curriculum stands upon three pillars: the European liberal arts tradition, the American (United States) college preparatory school tradition, and the Presbyterian mission school tradition. Each has its part in building Menaul’s unique Upper School culture.
Reaching Back into a Rich Legacy: Liberal Arts and Critical Thinking
Menaul students engage with the works of ancient philosophers. They are pushed to express themselves as fully in Visual Arts, Music, and Drama as they will in their core academic subjects. A liberal arts education prepares students to:
- participate in the community
- engage with the world as ethical, rational thinkers–with big ideas about the future!
- separate fact from opinion
- consider diverse points of view–while staying true to one’s own beliefs
- use self-reflection to gain a deeper understanding of oneself and the world