Dear Menaul Alum,
We invite you to participate in this year’s Homecoming activities, one of which is the traditional vote for our Panther Hall of Fame Award.
This award has been given to student athletes, coaches, administrators, and teams. The award honors not only outstanding athletic achievement but continued service to Menaul School athletics as well. The award will be presented at halftime of our Homecoming game on September 30, 2023.
Below is a description of the Selection Criteria, the Selection Process, and a listing of the award winners since the inception of the award in 1987.
We are asking alumni who want to participate to complete this online survey by Saturday, September 16th, so that our Selection Committee can make their decisions.
Please be sure to indicate why you are nominating an individual by listing their outstanding athletic accomplishments as well as evidence of their long-term service and leadership at Menaul School.
The Panther Hall of Fame Award
- Honorees should be athletes (or teams) that were known for outstanding athletic accomplishments while at Menaul School OR coaches or administrators who provided long-term service and leadership to Menaul School students.
- Honorees should be individuals who continued to support Menaul School and its mission in some form after leaving Menaul School.
- Nomination forms will be made available to ALL Menaul alumni, clearly explaining the award, the criteria for the award and the selection process.
- The Selection Board will review all nominations received and make a final decision from those nominations.
- The Selection Board will be composed of:
- The Menaul School Athletic Director.
- The Director of Institutional Advancement or designee in that office.
- The three latest recipients of the award, the newest recipient of the award replacing the oldest recipient of the award in an annual rotation.
- The award will be presented at half-time of the Homecoming game the year the award is made.
- A plaque commemorating the award will be presented to the award winner with an identical plaque placed in the gymnasium on the Panther Hall of Fame wall.
Previous Panther Hall of Fame Award Winners
|1988||1959 Football Team||Team|
|1988||1942 Track Team||Team|
|1988||1924-25-26 Basketball Teams||Team|
|1996||Robert (Coy) Gutierrez||Student|
|2004||1991 Football Team||Team|
|2005||Gloria Lueras Kidd||Coach/Teacher|
|2008||Jesus “Jesse” Castaneda||Student|
|2009||David “Rusty” Finley||Student|
|2011||Rumaldo “Romy” Rodriguez||Student|
|2014||Tammi (Gutierrez) Thornton||Student|
|2015||1988 Boys Basketball Team||Team|
|2017||1986 Football Team||Team|
|2020||Not Awarded – Pandemic||N/A|
|2021||Dominic Martinez ’87||Student|