Parents/Families of Menaul School Boarding Students –
As we look to a week away from our academic endeavors for our spring break, I want to assure you that things are going well with the students who remain at Menaul School.
We are at the end of our first two weeks of sequestered life here on campus and are happy to report that:
- There have been no illnesses of any kind in the student population.
- Students remain sequestered on campus where they are safe and separate from the rest of the New Mexican population.
- New Mexico has experienced a low rate of infection from the COVID-19 thus far.
- Students are engaged daily with academic work, physical exercise, and fun activities here on campus.
- Our cleaning staff is doing deep cleaning and sanitation of all areas used by students on a daily basis.
- The kitchen staff is taking extra precautions when they prepare meals and they are working one chef at a time to reduce the exposure to our students.
Menaul School sits on 31 acres covered with trees, grass, buildings, and sports fields. This has been the setting for our boarding students for the past two weeks and will remain the so for the foreseeable future. While it’s not impossible for our students to come in contact with COVID-19, it is highly unlikely at this point in time. We are doing our best to make sure that it stays that way.
We know that being away from your child during these trying times can be unsettling and worrisome. If it’s your desire to have your child return home, please let us know and we will help you with that process. (We understand that flights are limited at this time and they may be expensive. In addition, depending on your country, entry may be difficult and/or require a 14-day quarantine. Please check locally to determine the regulations affecting your child.)
This coming week during spring break, life for the boarding students will look very much like it’s looked for the past two weeks – activities on campus, meals in the cafeteria, resting in their rooms, and no physical contact with individuals from off campus. Please know that we are doing everything we can to keep your student safe and healthy!
If you have any questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Upper School Director