New Deadline: May 1, 2023
For Spring 2023 enrollment, complete the Menaul School admission process and the FACTS Grant and Aid applications for 2022-23. For Fall 2023 enrollment, complete the Menaul school admission process and Facts Grant and Aid applications for 2023-24.
In mind, body and spirit, the mission of Menaul School is to prepare students to succeed. The Corio Foundation seeks to foster the opportunity for life-success of students who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend a private school in New Mexico by providing access to an excellent college-preparatory education.
To Apply for the Corio Aspiring Innovators Program, a student must meet the following criteria:
- You are a rising 6th to 11th grade student
- You are applying for Domestic Day or Domestic Boarding and are from or are living in New Mexico
- Can demonstrate financial need, beyond what the school provides in the Individualized Tuition Program (see our Tuition page and Case Studies for examples)
- You are a motivated student, with the intention of attending college
Steps to follow:
- Complete the Menaul School admission process, and the FACTS Grant and Aid applications for 2022-23
- Submit the Corio Aspiring Innovators essay application–extended
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Corio Aspiring Innovators Application
Your Corio Aspiring Innovators (CAI) application will only be considered once the admission and financial need application processes are complete. 5 spots left!!
How to submit:
Submit your essays by emailing to: email@example.com with the subject line: Corio Aspiring Innovators Application.
“The big thing is to find something you believe in and persevere at it. That’s what it comes down to, to get this kind of success – believe in what you do and stick with it.”Ron Corio, US News Article
Format and Length:
Please type your responses to the two essay topics, in a single-spaced word document using 12-point Times New Roman font.
Please write the following as the heading on your first page of essays:
Corio Aspiring Innovators Application
Type your full name, address, and date at the top of the page, before you begin the essays. Feel free to create a title for each essay.
We expect each essay to be between 500-800 words. More is not always better, but less may not be enough to fully address your topic!
Please Respond to Both Prompts
Introduce yourself and tell us what we should know about you.
Examples of what you might choose to focus on could include one of the following:
- An experience from childhood that shaped who you are
- The story of your journey as a student over the years
- A significant challenge or challenges you have overcome (or are working on)
- A personal goal you have, and how this goal came about from your life experiences
Please choose one of the options above or one of your own creation; do not try to cover the entire list of suggestions. Write as if you are speaking directly to one person. This is a narrative essay.
Write about an invention that you believe has had a significant impact on people’s lives. Feel free to reach as far back in time as you like to find an invention to write about.
In your essay, make sure to include the following:
- What is the invention?
- What problems does the invention solve? Why does this matter?
- What importance does this invention have in your life?
- Optional: how would you improve this invention?
This essay is about your ideas and how you think. This is an expository essay.
Have questions? Please contact Hannah Cothran, Corio Foundation Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.