Rendon is Ren-DONE!
The Rendon Hall Renovation has been completed. Three science lab classrooms have been completely renovated for the first time in decades! Thanks to our generous donors and volunteers, as well as our Facilities Staff, student workers, and Project Manager Dan Castilleja, with 1,113 hours of labor, the project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. The renovations are “from below the floor to above the ceiling.” Just a sampling of those improvements are as follows:
- Cat6 Cabling and Wi-Fi
- Fiber Optics
- New ceilings with LED flat lighting, new carpet tiles, new blinds
- New industrial duty cabinets with granite countertops, nearly doubling the storage capacity in each room
- Storage areas containing safety cabinets for acids, corrosives, and flammable materials
- New, adjustable student and teacher desks and chairs
- Fully equipped science centers
- ADA compliant eyewash and shower stations
- New Maytag 18 cu. Ft. frost-free refrigerators
- HEPA quality air purifier systems with UV sanitizers and odor reduction
- Lobconco fume hoods
- ENOFLEX 100A interactive boards with projectors and speakers
- 21” laptops on movable arm mounts
Welcome to New Faculty, Staff, and Board Members
We would like to extend a warm welcome to the following new additions to our faculty and staff:
Gene Olona – Upper School Science Teacher
Thomas Goodrich – Band Teacher
Marlin Good – Upper School Spanish Teacher
Leon Eldridge – Choir and Drama Teacher
Kimberly Sanchez – Assistant Advancement Associate
We would also like to welcome the following individuals joining our Board of Trustees:
Susan Keil Smith
To learn more about the newest members of our Faculty, Staff, and Board of Trustees, please visit our website.
On August 17th, we kicked off the new school year. As always, we have a full year of events lined up!
- Join us, along with our Alumni, for a Homecoming pep rally and bonfire on Friday, October 14th at 7:00pm. Then come watch the Panthers take on the Jemez Valley Warriors at the Homecoming football game on Saturday, October 15th at 1:00pm. We will be celebrating our decade classes of 1936, 1946, 1956, 196 6, 1976, 1986, 1996, and 2006.
- Our Grand Panthers join our students on campus on Friday, November 18th for a special Thanksgiving lunch.
- Be a part of the festivities at Christmas at Menaul, Friday, December 9th at 5:30pm.
- Our 3rd Annual Passport to World Class Education Gala is on Saturday, February 18th.
- And don’t forget Graduation on Saturday, May 27th!
For more information, including schedules for Sports and Fine Arts, please see the events calendar on our website.